Monday, January 01, 2007


Happy New Year! Goodbye to 2006 and hello to 2007.

Events such as new years always makes you reflect on things and look forward to other things in the upcoming year. For the past four years, I have half-hazardly kept this place up as a semi-journal semi-diary boredom site for myself. Whether or not anyone comes to visit and read or not doesn't matter to me. However, this is the first time I have posted on January 1st like this.

Thinking about the end of a year makes you feel regret. Something that I have had alot of for quite a number of years now. At the same time, it's something to look forward to as the start of a new journey and new experiences.

I know, perhaps, that I'm not living my life to the fullest. Yet, that doesn't matter much because if im happy, then it's worth living life like that. It just so happens this is also the first new year I have spent with friends instead of family. It's also one where I actually haven't been in San Diego for a number of years now.

In any case, sometimes people want to have a New Year's Resolution, such as get on a diet, be a better son, lose weight, be a better student, quit doing . But you know what, I think my resolution should be, and perhaps every year henceforth should be - "To be a better person." Sometimes I fail at that, sometimes quite spectactually. That doesn't matter though, to continue to be content with my life, I have to be a better person. Then the other things will fall into place, such as a salary job, a girlfriend/wife, kids, and other things that would come down the line in life.

But the first step is always strive to be a better person. I think I'll toast to that.


Mood:

No comments:

Post a Comment