Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Anime Conji 2014


Oh man, I haven't felt this tired after a con in a long while (probably SDCC last year.) Having to work during the seven days before the con was really tiring, and somehow I still had the energy to get through Conji. I didn't post too many twitter statuses as I usually would during a con out of partial guilt to my co-workers at work who had to work during the weekend while I was the only one who had the weekend off. Luckily, everything regarding the family business was pretty quiet during the weekend - only requiring me to leave the con on friday for two hours to deal with a minor issue. It was unfortunate that was the time a lot of good things were happening at the Free! pool party that I saw pics and cell phone footage of later in the day.


The weekend overall was really fun. I didn't expect to chill out with the Crunchyroll Ambassadors as much as I did, or even just have small chats with the Japanese Guest of Honor - USAKO and his friend Masa. If I wasn't excited next weekend for Nico Chokaigi before, I should be now since USAKO is hosting the Nico Cospllection going on at Chokaigi next weekend. It was unfortunate that I didn't run into him on Sunday - he was in his Dracule Mihawk cosplay that I first saw him wear at the last Nico Cospllection.

In terms of photos, I would consider this con to be a lackluster performance as a photographer - I feel that I could've gotten more awesome photos if I had just been more outgoing and non-selective as I was and just let the shutter fly. Most of the photos I do have though are amazing - and I seriously had too much fun using the AX sandlot sets that SPJA brought down for Conji. Seriously, the bed is a dang table - I hope no one at AX believes it is a bed and tries to body jump on it and injure themselves.


And guys, seriously I don't love Nonon as much as my pictures indicate - it just happens that it was super fun to shoot with friends. It's actually something I don't do as often as I should. Also, don't ask me how I didn't manage to get photos of SailorBee or Maridah - or whoever else famous cosplayer there was at Conji. Sometimes photos with people don't happen just cause.

Anyway, there were a ton of memories from this con that were absolutely amazing - and of course photos and videos to edit that I'll be spending time on in editing hell throughout this week.

To all who I met, ran into, saw again, and chilled out with - seriously you all are awesome and I love you all. To those who I won't see in awhile - I'm looking forward to see you again hopefully soon. To those who I will see this upcoming weekend at the 2-year anniversary of the SD Dance Meetups, BE READY! :P


My photos from Anime Conji 2014 can be found here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/animegamer/sets/72157644150628265/

Videos from Anime Conji 2014 will be posted below as they are posted:

A small preview of the videos...

1 comment:

  1. Here at www.mindgap.moe we have bloggers that are passionate anime fans that just can’t seem to get enough of it. We may just fan girl/boy like crazy, vent our frustration about the episode, or just try to find the pros and cons about the Anime and help promote them to the public, encouraging many other Anime Fans to give it a shot to watch.

    ReplyDelete