Tuesday, October 16, 2007



Ah, gotta love the Portal ending. I'm so expecting a Hatsune Miku cover of the song in the coming months.

Well, Saimoe is now moving to the Quarterfinals. Last round, I went 10-5-1 in the sixteen matches of the last round. Here are my late predictions (no, I didn't cheat. Seriously.)

Meh, this is a bit late, but Saimoe 2007 Quarterfinal predictions:

Block A - Shana (Shakugan no Shana) vs. Nagi (Hayate no Gotoku):
As I noted in my last round predictions, the fans wished for a Shana vs. Nagi matchup, and they got it. When we come down to the characters, they're split right down the middle in practically every catergory. Only their circumstances are their only tiebreaker. I don't think it'll be the characters that will determine this match though. I think Shana will win, only because she technically has seniority over Nagi in terms of anime screen time.

Block B - Konata (Lucky☆Star) vs. Konoka (Negima!?):
Konoka is the last Negima character still in Saimoe, and unfortunately for her, she gets to face "Legendary Girl A", Konata Izumi. I expect Konata to roll into the semis.

Block C - Nanoha (MLGN StrikerS) vs. Vita (MLGN StrikerS):
The last two characters left from Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha StrikerS get to face each other in this matchup. I really think they may be a close match, but I believe the voters will go with former champ Nanoha in this match. Though, the Japanese have voted the other way before (last year's match between Haruhi vs. Yuki, where Yuki knocked out Haruhi.) but I don't think we'll see that here.

Block D - Yuno (Hidamari Sketch) vs. Rena (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai):
Yuno has been the dark horse of this entire tournament so far, even beating out Hayate of MLGN StrikerS. However, this time, she faces Saimoe favorite Rena Ryuguu. This time, I think she's done. However, it's been said that Yuno was going to get bounced two rounds ago. With that said though, Rena has a lot behind her. Still, I think this may be a closer match then many people may think.

Block E - Shinku (Rozen Maiden: Ouverture) vs. Ayumu (Hayate no Gotoku):
If there were pundits for this tournament, they would be saying that Shinku will cruise to the next round. However, that's completely wrong. Shinku's history in Saimoe has been that she has been upset in the Quarterfinal matches by dark horses. What better dark horse we have here then Ayumu of Hayate the Combat Butler. I think Ayumu will advance over a yet another disappointing year for Shinku.

Block F- Suiseisuki (Rozen Maiden: Ouverture) vs. Tsukasa (Lucky☆Star):
This is probably going to be the best match of the round, with two heavyweights going at it. My pick will be for last year's champion though, and that would be Suiseisuki. Though, I would hope that Tsukasa advances. So yea, I'm wishing that I'm wrong on this one, but I don't think I will.

Block G- Sayuri (Kanon) vs. Rika (Higurashi no Naka Koro Ni Kai):
This should be a interesting match, with the last of the Kanon characters facing the Yukarin voiced Rika. I have Rika winning this match in a close battle. This wont get as many votes as the other matches, but it should be a fun one to watch.

Block H- Suigintou (Rozen Maiden: Ouverture) vs. Louise (Zero no Tsukaima S2):
I predicted Suigintou's last match to be a rollover, and for the most part it was. This match is no rollover though, as she faces a Kugimiya voiced Louise. If you recall from above, two Kugimiya characters face each other in Block A. I think Gin goes down this round in a upset by Louise. It'll be a tightly contested and heated battle, but I think the combination of the united Kugimiya fans along with the revenge votes from Fate two rounds ago will just be too much for Suigintou to overcome. Not to mention, Louise in my opinion had a better year then Suigintou in their respective projects.


Well, there are my predictions. I leave you with this big long image of all the matches. ^_^


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment