Friday, March 27, 2009

Just going to make a quick blurb - my last living grandparent, my grandma on my mother's side, Virginia Dejesus - has died on the morning of Wednesday, March 25th. She was 82 years old, and she lived through the Japanese occupation of the Philippines - which is a amazing feat. I technically still have a grandmother on my dad's side, but she's not my biological grandmother and is the second wife to my grandfather on that side. Still, hearing the stories that my grandparents have lived through is quite amazing.

So anyway, that's all I'm going to say for now. Wish I could go see her buried in the Philippines but with the tough economic times (and my emptying wallet), I can't afford to miss my first week of work for the Padres.

I'll miss you grandma.

Mood: Sad

No comments:

Post a Comment