Tuesday, September 23, 2008



Wow, Block A sure turned on it's head in a hurry this round. Your winners in Block A's 1 and 2 matches are Haruka Minami and Fuuko Ibuki, and will face each other next round. The winners in Block B's 1 and 2 matches is Luna Edomae and Kirino Chiba, and will face off next round.

However, the big headlines early is the round two knockouts of Defending Champion Rika Furude and perennial favorite and 2006 runner-up, Fate T. Harlaown. Many expected (including myself) that these two will lock horns next round instead of Haruka and Fuuko, but the hate votes are huge this year. Rika lost on complacency of the Higurashi fanbase, combined with what could be seen as strategic voting on the MSLN fanbase's part. Fate lost due to revenge votes by a mad Higurashi fanbase.

I really thought whoever will win Block A will come out of the 1 and 2 matches. However, I don't think that is the case anymore. SaiMoe turns in unpredictable ways, and it showed that true in the past two days. I'm now 2 for 4 for this round.

Photobucket


Copy-pasta that I wrote on the MegaTokyo forums...

A2-3 = San Seto (Seto no Hanayome)
The SnH force has shown me last round that they can get the vote out there. Though, tough choice between her and Murasaki. If they can knock Shion out though...

B2-3 = Aika S. Granzchesta (ARIA the ORIGINATION)
I must be out of my mind making this pick. Yet, I'm making this pick. Over Ryou. Hate votes are a powerful thing, and with Fuuko advancing over Fate, I don't think the MSLN fanbase is none too happy. No offense to Aika though - Aika is moe, after all.


A2-4 = C.C. (Code Geass)
Revenge, Revenge, Revenge. A mad MSLN fanbase will be mad, and a Higurashi fanbase will be sad. Okay, this probably will come down to foreign (i.e. you know, us?) and independent votes on who will advance, and if 4chan's /a/ gets involved in this vote... (so far, teh anon has been quiet in SaiMoe.)

B2-4 = Hiro (Hidamari Sketch x365)
Anything I can do, I can do better. Higurashi hate votes added with a strong Hidamari fanbase will sink Vivio here. Also, the MSLN faithful aren't as much pressing to rally around Vivio in much the same way I think the Higurashi fanbase won't really rally to Hanyuu. Hate votes will be the order of the day, and both these fanbase characters are gonna eat it. Well, the Hidamari fanbase is a new force to be reckoned with as well.

Well, lets see the craziness that is SaiMoe 2008. I made safe bets last round, and it cost me two matches. Making 2 crazy bets here - so I guess it's wait and see to see if it pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment